Sonoma Valley's Economic Development Strategy
Strategy and Goals
An economic development strategy for the Sonoma Valley Economic Development Partnership was developed prepared based on the input of more than 50 business and community leaders who participated in a 2004 economic summit. This strategy, which has guided much of the work of the Partnership over the years, includes seven major goals:
* Assist and promote business retention and expansion so existing businesses can be successful and remain in the community.
* Diversify the economy by working with the County to identify, attract, and strengthen new and old business clusters in industrial areas outside the City limits.
* Continue to support and strengthen existing industries that have made Sonoma a world-class destination.
* Target and attract new businesses that complement those that are already in Sonoma, and are compatible with our “community character.”
* Enhance the image of Sonoma as a “business friendly” City through programs that are designed to welcome and assist.
* Work with schools, non-profits, existing businesses, and government agencies to create programs to train, support, and attract a skilled workforce.
* Support and pursue economic development that maintains or improves the environment.